Thursday, June 6, 2013

Happy Retirement Watercolored Flag Card


I hope you are having a wonderful day! My mother retired last Friday after 32 years working at a military base so I wanted to create a special one-of-a-kind retirement card for her.  The first thing I thought about was how do I make a flag without a flag stamp?  Easy, you paint one!  So I started out with 2 ink pads, Midnight Muse & Raspberry Ripple and a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of watercolor paper. I used the reinkers in the lids and painted the blue part of the flag with an Aqua Painter.  I didn't use very much water because I wanted the color darker blue. I then freehanded the red stripes remembering there are 7 red and 6 white.  I also used my little star punch (retired from the Holiday Catalog 2013) to punch out 11 stars from the Silver Glimmer Paper. Of course I couldn't fit 50 on there, so I settled.  I trimmed about 1/4 off the bottom and right sides of the watercolor paper.
 
I forgot to mention the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it with Versamark ink, dipped it in Clear Embossing Powder and used my Heat Gun to set it.  This technique is called Emboss Resist.  So when I went over it with the Raspberry Ripple it stayed white in color.  This is a great technique!
 
Have a great day!
Thanks,
Charlotte
 
www.cmhollingsworth.stampinup.net to shop directly thru me.

No comments: