Saturday, April 6, 2013

Stampin Up Bottle cap necklace fun!

First we stamped the background with Classic Stampin'Up! ink pads, then we stamped the initial in Black Stazon.

At Stamp Club last night we made these really cool bottle cap necklaces!  I smashed the one with the "j" on it by running the bottle cap through my Big Shot! I think they all turned out great :)

Here are some important tips for making these necklaces:
- Use Stazon for your images. The markers tend to run.
- Let your necklace dry over night.  The Crystal Effects will run or pool if it doesn't lay flat for several hours.
- If you don't like how your image turns out, take your paper piercing tool and gently scrap around the edges and you can lift out the stamped image and crystal effects and start over.

I used Stazon for the image on this bottle cap, but colored it in with a Stampin'Up marker and it ran as the crystal effects settled into the bottle cap.

Supplies list:
Any stampset or alphabet you like
Stazon ink pad
Whisper White scrap paper
1" Circle punch
Crystal effects
Crop o dile - for punching the hole in the bottle cap
 
I bought the chain necklace at one of the big craft stores on a roll for $7.99 with my 40% off coupon. It included 30 connectors.
 
I hope you have a chance to try this project out, it was a lot of fun!
 
Charlotte Hollingsworth
www.cmhollingsworth.stampinup.net to order Stampin'Up! supplies directly from me!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Jan Hoyt said...

Cute projects, Charlotte! Thanks for sharing your "lessons learned" about the ink running!