Friday, March 27, 2009

Sympathy cards

I have had some family members pass away in the last two months. I was trying to make a sympathy card to send to my relatives that were simple.









I don't know that I was satisfied with any of them because I have never made a sympathy card. My uncle Lester died in February. He was early 70's and had many health issues later in life. One of my best memories of him was when he would put a small coffin on the front sidewalk of his and my aunt's house on Halloween and scare trick or treaters walking by. He would also put a pumpkin on the porch and it would talk to. He was a really good man and could get a smile out of you no matter what.
My aunt Joyce, one of my father's oldest sisters died of brain cancer in March. When she got to the point where there was nothing the hospital and doctors could do anymore, she went home and died about a week later. Her twin sons carried her fragile little body around like a rag doll.
I respected both of them who died. I am lucky to have good people in my life.
~Charlotte

No comments: